Noun(1) blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly(2) a wad of something chewable as tobacco(3) blatant or sensational promotion(4) electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark(5) an electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection(6) an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire(7) an old or over-worked horse
Verb(1) fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug(2) persist in working hard(3) deliver a quick blow to(4) make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote(5) replace the center of a coin with a baser metal(6) insert a plug into(7) insert as a plug
(1) Its rather like pouring water into a bath without putting the plug in.(2) He was a hopeless plug and never ran in the money.(3) To reduce the possibility of a graft construct mismatch, the surgeon places the longer bone plug on the femoral side.(4) Locking lugs on the bolt are removed, turning it into a striker, while the breech is sealed with a breech plug .(5) Can't comment on the ladies, but the gents did not smell very fresh and lacked a plug to the hand basin.(6) I had recently injured my foot by stepping on a laptop plug .(7) And while I'm at it, here is another plug for my brother's stained glass studio, Glass Threshold.(8) She received a massive, multi-million dollar payment to help plug Leitch's upcoming book.(9) Rumor had it that he had once given our catcher on the baseball team a big plug of chewing tobacco to try out.(10) Mergers such as DaimlerChrysler were carried out to help expand market share, enter new markets, and plug product gaps.(11) Thousands of local authority workers could face cuts to their pension benefits as all 15 councils in Yorkshire and the Humber try to find a way to plug the gaping black hole in their schemes.(12) Governor Gray Davis took steps last week to plug some of the holes in that budget, but the measures have been painful.(13) trucks arrived loaded with gravel to plug the hole and clear the road(14) the cable is fitted with a two-pin plug(15) The characters plug along until, as always in the movies, a crisis requires them to re-examine why they are so unhappy and how they got there.(16) The government is preparing to throw an extra Ôö¼├║19 billion away over the next four years stuffing the NHS with extra cash - like trying to run a bath with the plug out.
(1) spark plug :: kilalaon'afo plug
(2) plug-in :: plug-in
(3) plug and play :: -tsipiriany sy milalao
(4) pull the plug :: misintona ny plug
(5) drain plug :: tatatra plug
(6) plug into :: an-tsipiriany
(7) plug up :: -tsipiriany ny
(8) glow plug :: hazavana plug
(9) plug socket :: plug faladiany
1. stopper ::
2. wad ::
3. advertisement ::
4. jade ::
5. sparking plug ::
6. fire hydrant ::
7. hoopla ::
8. stopple ::
9. male plug ::
11. publicize ::
12. shoot ::
13. plug away ::
14. punch ::
15. secure ::
plug, plugs, unplug, unplugs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm not finishing your sentence.
You pulled the PLUG on my funk.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 6
Any chance we could PLUG it in
to the potato?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
Plug it with rocks and ice.
Flood it and let it freeze.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
So let's PLUG in our 9.8 meters
per second squared...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
"mucus PLUG" again.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
English to Malagasy Dictionary: plug
Meaning and definitions of plug, translation in Malagasy
language for plug with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of plug in Malagasy and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'plug'
What plug means in Malagasy, plug meaning
in Malagasy, plug
definition, examples and pronunciation
of plug in Malagasy language.